Relevant links for studying Hausa
Below are links to other web sources of information on Hausa. If you know about links that should be added, please contact us.
Hausa online dictionaries
General information about the language and culture
- gamji.com: great site with links to information on the Hausa speaking world, including links to Hausa broadcasting, etc.
- Hausa on the Ethnologue: Basic information on language affiliation. population, and ethnography
- Our own Hausa page online grammar
- Dandali.com: nice pictures and playable music files from Mamman Shata and other famous Hausa poets and musicians
- Uwe Seibert’s Hausa Online weblog: very informative site with many more links than are available here
Radio broadcasting in Hausa
- Deutsche Welle Hausa: news, streaming audio and video broadcasts in Hausa
- BBC Hausa homepage
- Voice of America (VOA) Hausa homepage
Further resources on Hausa language and culture, including an online Hausa course: