DEADLINE FEBRUARY 23, 2018
The Division of Humanities invites nominations for the Harry and Yvonne Lenart Graduate Travel Fellowships. These fellowships provide funds for travel and living expenses for UCLA graduate students in the Humanities to conduct research in foreign countries. Awards typically range from $2,000 to $8,000 each, depending on the extent of the research proposed. These fellowships are meant for research only and are not to be used for activities such as enrolling in foreign institutions.
Each department may nominate one student. Applications should include:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A two-page (maximum) description of the student’s proposed project including the following details:
* A budget breakdown that also specifies the length of time to be spent abroad.
* Explanation of the need to travel abroad.
* Information about the archival holdings and locations the student needs to visit.
* Evidence substantiating that the project can be carried out, such as supporting letters from archives abroad.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s dissertation director or other suitable faculty member.
The deadline for submittal of these nominations is February 23, 2018.
Please submit your nomination to Felix Grygorcewicz at email@example.com. Award notifications will be sent to departments and candidates in early March.